What is a professional organizer?
A professional organizer is someone who helps put order in your space, and in turn, your life. Whether you need organizing, decluttering, downsizing, or relocating your home, organizing your pantry, planning an event, or even paying the bills, a professional organizer can do the job.
Why do I need a professional organizer?
A professional organizer makes overwhelming projects manageable, helps plan action steps and works with you to get it done. If you are short on time, energy or direction, a professional organizer is a great option.
Who should hire an organizer?
The short answer – everyone! Our clients frequently include:
- Busy people: professionals, retirees, parents, students, moms and dads
- People experiencing major life events: marriage, birth, divorce, illness, death
- Seniors wanting to edit the contents of their home
- People catching up or starting anew: organizing a kitchen, pantry, closets, library, or home office
- People packing or unpacking, or with a specific project: files, books, clothes, mail, collectibles
- Kids and teens, who often benefit from organizing with a non-parent
How does it work?
We provide a free thirty (30) minute Discovery Call to assess your project, and make a plan. If Estate Services or Edit Your Home, we book an In-Person session with a three (3) hour minimum. Virtual Organizing sessions are booked for one (1) to two (2) hours. Whether a one-time session or an ongoing project with multiple sessions, we work to ensure all your needs are met.
Fees are billed on an hourly basis; rates will be shared during Discovery Call. Discounts are offered for pre-paid packages of twelve (12) hours or more.
For large projects, additional staff will assist; their rates will be provided during project planning.
Payment (via Zelle, Venmo, or check) is due on completion of a session, or per week when multiple sessions within a week.
What does Virtual Organizing require?
- Scheduling your own time to complete projects
- Being satisfied with working on your own
- Smart phone or table, WiFi and video or Facetime
Do you charge for travel?
No fee for travel to and from client site within the DC metro area. In addition, no fee is charged for delivery of portable donations to appropriate drop-off locations.
If you are outside of the area, travel is charged at a reduced hourly rate.
What do you do with items or materials that we don’t want?
We assist with the removal of donated items and provide a record of donations. We have a network of suppliers who help ensure that what we can’t sell or donate, we dispose of in a sustainable way.